The run element of the New Forest Rattler Endurance Weekender is a gorgeous run through the beautiful New Forest. Part on the highway and part on trails.
Just like the Ride and Swim, it is a sportive run, designed for enjoyment and personal achievement. You are only racing yourself, don’t worry, it is chip timed and you will get an awesome medal!
We will have a rolling start of small numbers as the road is open and we want to minimise the impact on local people.
You can run up to a marathon if you want to within the 6 allocated hours. A marathon is three laps. The half is an out and back and we have a 10K too!
All this for £37 (including refund insurance)
On the Day
Registration will be open between 10am and 12pm.
The start time is a rolling start. This means you can choose when you want to start within the allocated times. First start will be shortly after 10am and the last start time is 12:30.
Those planning to complete a
marathon must start between 11:30 – 12:00
The event cut off time is 6 hours. All runners must be finished before 6pm. Marshals will ask the runner to head to the finish if they believe the runner will not complete a lap and get back to the finish before 6pm.
Moyles Court School, Moyles Court, Ringwood BH24 3NF
View Larger Map
Parking on site.
Making a weekend of it?
We have limited camping spaces available £25 per pitch.
The route directions are described below
- Exit over boarded cattlegrid and turn left on the road towards South Gorley (rolling start of small numbers as the road is open)
- At the fork just after Hockey’s Farm, bear right.
- Here will be an Aid Station
- Straight on towards Ogdens on Abbotswell road
- Where the road bears sharp left, go straight onto the track
- Follow the signs through the car park and over the bridge, straight on to where the track joins with the Frogham – Fritham Cycle track.
- Second Aid Station
- Turn right onto the cycle track to start your laps!
- Aid Station at 1.5miles
- Continue to the turnaround point just before Fritham to collect your lap band
- Aid Station
- Retrace the route back towards Abbotswell/Frogham Aid Station & repeat twice more if you want to get to a marathon distance.
- Once you’ve collected all 3 race bands for the Marathon Distance, return from Abbotswell/Frogham retracing out-route to the Finish at Moyles Court school.
- Half or 10K – Just turn around when you have reached the turning point.